Sunday 8 April 2012

My PDP


Everyone have their own plan in next 5 years, so do I. For myself, I will analyze the requirements how to be an excellent teacher in any aspect in relation to my inventory of skills including my strengths and weakness. As teacher going to be, it is my responsibility to make sure that my students very pleasant and comfortable with my personalities. Thus, I will improve my weakness and deficiencies in terms of skills for my students' benefits.

My goals for my students are to become self-directed and life-long learners. I want to equip them with important skills like problem solving and critical thinking skill, so they can be capable of performing on their own once they finish their schooling. I want them to be dependent person and able to apply every concept had they learn in daily life. I believe every student has their own competency and that was my responsibility to encourage them to show up their ability.

Physics course was a critical sciences subject. As my minor subject is Physics, so, my second goal is to change students’ perception and bad impression about this subject. I will make strategies which will help me into active learning and teaching in physics lesson. So, my student will enjoy learning physics and understand the concept in easy and interactive way.
Firstly, I’m going to clearly define learning objectives for my courses. Then, I’m going to increase the critical thinking aspects of all of my classes for example by doing fun quizzes. This will allowed their mind to think creative and beyond what they learn. Besides, I will involve them in incorporate more problem-based learning. They can discuss with their own group and try to find their own idea and solution. This way of learning will help the students improve their mathematical skill and familiar with high cognitive level of questions.

Next, I will try my best to apply and use more multimedia or ICT in the classroom as an application what had I been taught in the university. Now, ICT really close to the students. This opportunity gives me advantages to improve my teaching skill. Using multimedia will make my students active in class and they will able to see the simulation in reality situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment